Thursday, January 17, 2013

 101

201

DSC_0196

2

DSC_0146

1


Happy 2013!
Time has been flying by since I've graduated college, though I thought it'd go by incredibly slow. These are some photos from around our apartment lately. I've made it one of my 2013 goals to use my cameras again, because I've some how forgotten about them and have only been using my awful (and horribly wonderful) iphone. Back to real cameras!

I don't usually have new year's resolutions, but this year there's so much I want to accomplish. Firstly I'm not working in the field in which I have my degree (fine arts), which has been making my life tedious and somewhat unhappy lately. Even if I can't get a full time job within the arts at the moment (we have to stay in Minneapolis until Kyle finishes his degree next year), I know I can pursue my online shop, galleries, and collaborations more than I have been. Updating this blog regularly again is part of that, too! Any of you in the same boat have any tips on working a full time non-related job and balancing your personal work?

Secondly I want to be much closer to my friends this year and have more meaningful relationships (as cheesy as that sounds). Kyle and I just celebrated our 5 year anniversary... so nuts!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! I don't really keep New Year's resolutions either... I just constantly try to make myself little goals to accomplish. I don't really have any tips for balancing job + personal work; it's a constant struggle for me too!

theslowcatwalk said...

Welcome back to your blog: I love it so much:) It's so elegant:)
Hope to see you soon.
Ciao,
Sandra

laura tj said...

good to see you back posting! same here, i have so much more to accomplish this year as i feel like i could have done more with my fun side projects outside my full time job, but at times i was just so unmotivated as my work is taking a lot of my time :( good luck to both of us and others struggling in the same area this year!

Florentine meets you said...

Hi Ashley,
I'm following your blog since a long time and I'm so happy about regularly updating in future. I really love your drawings. It would be great to see more of it (:
I wish you luck for your working balance in 2013!
I know, it is hard; but it's possible (;

Iwona said...

Very interesting blog!!! Beautiful photos:) I greet:)

voilaluna said...

very cute! good luck dearxxoxo

Charlotte said...

I've fallen into the iphone photo trap too, it must be because it's so dark outside by the time work finishes - the one thing I don't like about winter!

Your blog is lovely x

criscrascrus said...

really beautiful pics and details

amy said...

These photographs are beautiful. You should certainly follow your goal of using your cameras again. Taking pictures is such a beautiful thing, whether your pursue it professionally or for personal use.

I always carry my camera with me. Without it, I feel like I miss out on so much! The phone camera is passable but the zoom doesn't capture like my main camera does :)

x sending you happy spells

amyflyingakite.com

Unknown said...

your blog is so lovely! these photo's are just wonderfull (: I'm your new follower!
xxx

querido diário said...

Lovely light in your apartment :)

Unknown said...

I'm super into succulents lately and as soon as I move, I'm getting some!

xo Ashley
thetiniestfirecracker.com

Unknown said...

Hello.
I love the soft colours of your blog!It has the perfect feel:)

itsthehue.wordpress.com

malik said...

online shoppen is preferable as it gives you a chance to get best despite of the geological differences.

lou said...

Love the nice white blouse...and your cute bunny!

~Lou~
Ps: i'm doing a fashion-related survey for my MSc dissertation, 5 mins, much much help ♥ https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2WNTNCY

Jo said...

I've been revisiting blogs in my blog reader to see what I've been missing out on as of late. I hope you come back to the blogosphere soon! :)

<3Jo
www.thelittledandy.com

Unknown said...

Wonderful pix! love the leopard printed shoes!

http://lefragmentmode.blogspot.fr/

Mustika said...

lovely blog! maybe we can follow each other if you want ? :)http://choccopost.blogspot.com/

peach said...

Amazing blogg<3 I would be so happy if you could follow me back on GFC ღ Keep blogging! xxpeach

http://momomoworld.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

Such a cute bunny! I used to have several and seeing all of your pictures makes me want to get another one..or two...hehe

Leah said...

I just love the fact that you have a bunny hoping around your feet. I am crazy for a bunny friend!